The very first of Quikr’s verticals, QuikrCars provides users with a one stop destination for both buyers and sellers in India. The platforms showcases everything related to vehicles, including automobile news, information, tips and tricks, research, review and trade(buy/sell) new and old cars. The platform also offers users with unique & solid features such as Quickr’s Maximum Selling Price calculator, No Fikar Car Inspection Report, localized car discovery, the Quikr Price Meter, etc.
With the launch of its new vertical ‘QuikrCars’; a platform with a sharp focus on all kinds of automobiles i.e. cars, bikes and commercial vehicles, Quikr wanted to create awareness about this new platform and its features with automobile enthusiast and other relevant users with an aim to drive engagement to the platform.
To reach a larger audience and engage people creators with the following background were onboarded:
- Car & Automobile enthusiasts
- Micro Celebs/TV Stars
- Travel Enthusiasts
- Independent women, family guys & working individuals.
To drive maximum impact the brand decided to carry out the campaign in 4 phases. Tasks were divided with the view of creating maximum impact allowing the brand to reach more people as follows:
- Celebrities tweeted about certain features of Quikr’s car platforms
- Creators shared their reactions to the tweets by celebrities like Surya & Ranveer Singh
- Quikr Blog posted an interesting post: #MyCarMyStory that describes the story of Jamshed, who grew up over the years along with his car that is still with his family. This story reflects attachment, passion and love that people have towards their car. Creators were on boarded to share their stories in a similar manner.
- Microsite: A page dedicated to the history of cars and the cars which changed the dynamics of the automobile industry was heavily promoted.
- DearCar: People were asked to send in their selfies which they had taken inside/outside a car and share why they love their cars so much.
— Rithvik Dhanjani (@rithvik_RD) October 1, 2015
— Gautam Rode (@gautam_rode) October 1, 2015
— Siddharth Kannan (@sidkannan) October 1, 2015
- 63 seeded creators
- 129 posts
- 4452 interactions
- 6M+ potential impressions
The campaign successfully attracted people’s attention and enabled the brand to drive heavy traffic to the new platform, and therefore creating a lasting impression on the minds of the consumers about the new vertical.